wallet migration

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed May 27 23:04:31 UTC 2015

Am 27.05.2015 um 20:14 schrieb Rex Dieter:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> I have a gpg encrypted wallet on my F21 system.  I just tried a migration
>> in F22 and it failed to decrypt the wallet.  As a matter of fact, it
>> didn't even ask me for the pass-phrase for the old wallet.  Is this type
>> of migration unsupported?
>
> good question.
>
> I think we should consider just disabling the "migration" of wallet content
> anyway, it's way more confusing than it is helpful

and how do you imagine a sensible update to F22 for long time users
which are pretty happy with KDE4 as it is, having stored passwords and
heavily customized their desktop?

start from scratch as with Fedora 9 and spend weeks to get a workable
desktop again? while i love playing around with my systems they are in
the first place to do daily work and not fix them all day long to get to
a similar state they where before