wallet migration

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed May 27 23:41:11 UTC 2015

Am 28.05.2015 um 01:36 schrieb Rex Dieter:
> Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> good question.
>>>
>>> I think we should consider just disabling the "migration" of wallet
>>> content anyway, it's way more confusing than it is helpful
>>
>> and how do you imagine a sensible update to F22 for long time users
>> which are pretty happy with KDE4 as it is, having stored passwords and
>> heavily customized their desktop?
>
> Kde4 apps will continue to use their existing kde4 kwallet(s)
>
>> start from scratch as with Fedora 9 and spend weeks to get a workable
>> desktop again?
>
> kf5 apps essentially are starting from scratch, yes

well, i have no other words than "a total mess" for different apps using
a different wallet, some starting from scratch, some not and at the end
of the day that means: KDE5 is the same mess as the transition from KDE3
to KDE4 - honestly *a user* don't care about kf4, kf5 and what not, he
expects that he can work with his computer as before and the reason why
Linux is meaningless on the desktop is that only a few people are idiots
like me going through all this mess every few years