wallet migration

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed May 27 23:51:10 UTC 2015

Am 28.05.2015 um 01:47 schrieb Rex Dieter:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>

>> of the day that means: KDE5 is the same mess as the transition from KDE3
>> to KDE4 - honestly *a user* don't care about kf4, kf5 and what not
>
> I think your comment supports my argument that the kf5 kwallet migration
> process hurts more than it helps.
>
> It needs to startup and get out of the way, and don't bother the user (and
> "just work")

well and what happens to applications which are now KDE4 using the old
wallet and over time migrated to kf5? there has to be just *one* wallet
and that's it - anything else leads in troubles and that combined with
the systray no longer working for all applications (as user i don't care
if an application is written in QT, GTK or whatever language) F22 sounds
like another release at best to skip except on servers