wallet migration

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Thu May 28 00:34:28 UTC 2015

On 05/28/15 07:56, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> I think your comment supports my argument that the kf5 kwallet migration
>>> process hurts more than it helps.
>>>
>>> It needs to startup and get out of the way, and don't bother the user
>>> (and "just work")
>> well and what happens to applications which are now KDE4 using the old
>> wallet and over time migrated to kf5?
> Fedora generally won't ever upgrade kde4->kf5 apps in a release, so the
> primary time that will happen is on new releases.
>
> In that case, users are free to manually initiate importing if they wish.

Is there a list of applications that actually make use of the wallet?  I ask this since when I've looked in the wallet all I've seen is "Form Data" used by Chrome and my VPN and Wifi passwords.  I've not seen any evidence of applications using the wallet for their settings.

That said, it would have been "nice" if when config (rc) files were moved to new locations they would have been transitioned.