konsole maximize/unmaximize

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu May 28 01:09:27 UTC 2015

On 05/27/2015 04:25 PM, Glenn Holmer wrote:
> In a fresh F22/KDE install, if I maximize a konsole window (or if it
> starts maximized and I unmaximize it), the text in the window
> disappears. I can type blind, but can't get the text back. Is anybody
> else seeing this?

os = CentOS 6.6
dt = kde 4.3.4

does the inside of window go all black or all white?

ria, last week when i brought up a GNOME Terminal 2.31.3, it started
up all black inside of window.

i blinked, shook my head, closed terminal, reopened, same.

next, i clicked  "Edit > Profile Preferences" and opened tabs for
"Color" and "Background". all normal, closed prefs.

curiously, i moved mouse pointer to top left inside of window, pressed
left mouse button, drug cursor to bottom right of window. area whitened
and i saw command prompt.

i pressed <enter> several times, command prompt repeated. closed window,
reopened, all was correct, black text on white background.

what happened? diik. has not happened again.

suggestion, open "Edit > Profile Preferences", check settings.

--

peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.

.