plasma5 and selinux

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Thu May 28 10:00:15 UTC 2015

On 05/28/2015 12:34 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> I was configuring openVPN and the connection was failing.  Checking the journal revealed an selinux AVC was being encountered.  However, unlike in F21, the setroubleshoot client tool (sealert) did not pop up and there was no indication in the systray notifications.
>
> Is this a plasma5 shortcoming at the moment?

You've run smack into the old v. new system tray issue. Whoever designed
the selinux troubleshooter needs to update the nature of his system tray
icons. In the meantime, install

wmsystemtray

and pass these commands to it:

$ wmsystemtray --non-wmaker --bgcolor=white

You likely need to run an selinux command to repair a label somewhere--a
very simple command. Your best bet, this instant, is to launch selinux
troubleshooter directly, using the application launcher. (Find it under
Administration.) It should still have the alert stored on it, so you can
act on it.

Temlakos