Touchpad settings are grayed out

Dan Mossor danofsatx at gmail.com
Thu May 28 12:21:27 UTC 2015

On 05/28/2015 04:08 AM, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mouse Click Emulation in Taps and horizontal scrolling in Two-finger
> scrolling are disabled in SystemSettings>Input on a freshly installed
> F22 running on Thinkpad T420i.
>
> Tapping on the touchpad can't emulate right or left click. Horizontal
> scrolling is enabled by default and can't be disabled.
>
> How do I gain back the ability to modify these options?

I saw this on a fedup of 21 to 22 around Beta TC3 timeframe. The problem
was (I think) libinput not being upgraded due to a newer version in F21
than F22, so it ended up not talking to kcm-touchpad.

rdieter and I figured it out in IRC, so there is no BZ to point you to,
but this is as best as I can recall at the moment.

--
Dan Mossor, RHCSA
Systems Engineer