does kde respect fontconfig settings?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 14:45:29 UTC 2015

I put in ~/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf settings to turn on
but it didn't appear to work.  Then I used kde settings to
fonts to turn on anti-aliasing, selecting RGB and hinting slight, and this
appears to have changed to appearance.

So is kde ignoring the fonts.conf setting?
kde settings does not include options such as lcdfilter either.

----[ /home/nbecker/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf ]
`----