kde4 in F22

Piotr Gbyliczek piotr.gbyliczek at reconnix.com
Fri Nov 6 15:43:44 UTC 2015

Hi all,

For those of you interested in this, I did not dropped off the grid (well, I
did, but I'm back) and just did some work on the repo[1].

I've updated install info and sorted out packages a bit (thanks Rex, Kevin and
Sergio), so on F22 it installs mostly via "dnf upgrade" (ksysguard being
exception, workaround in repo description).

Let me know if there's anything more in repo that needs to be pulled along (we
can group it or add meta package), or what else from outside repo may be
needed for smooth operations.

I've just missed F23 release, but seems that apart from ksysguard, it is
installable on F23 too. Again, please test that it works and what may be
missing as I haven't tested operations side of things for that version.

If you decide to take it for a spin, remember that until
obsoletes/requirements/conflicts are not sorted via spec files, I'm not changing
release variable. That means version from today won't be picked up to upgrade
on machine that had older installed. it may require removing all packages from
my copr repo manually from the system.  VM based testing is strongly
suggested.

[1] : https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/peem/kde4-fedora/

Regards,
Piotr