apper exclude packages?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Nov 7 10:21:58 UTC 2015

I needed to downgrade the xorg-x11* packages on an F23 Vbox based system so I can get the
drivers to run in full-screen.  I would like to have apper not tell me that 14 packages
are available for update.  I can exclude them so dnf doesn't touch them.  I could hide
Software Updates from the systray so it would be less annoying and just use dnf...but
would like to be visually notified of updates.  I thought creating a /etc/yum.conf with an
exclude line would do the trick...but no.

Any ideas?

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from
computers altogether.