F23: Extract here / Video Previews in dolphin

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Nov 7 13:48:10 UTC 2015

Am 07.11.2015 um 14:43 schrieb Luigi Toscano:
> Florian Sievert ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks for checking. You seems to be right. When I am using Konqueror
>> the menu for extract and compress seems to be there and working fine as
>> well. However within dolphin they are all ripped off. Seems like it is
>> not detecting the .desktop files for the services for some reason.
>
> They are in a different place. You see the .desktop files in Konqueror because
> Konqueror is kdelibs4. I think some fixes went it recently to fix this

ah - so dolphin is now kdelibs5 and Knoqueror still kdelibs4 while
"folder view" applet is based on dolphin - what a mess not deserving a
KDE 5.0 release while we have now 5.4.3

so while still searching a improvement we got nothing that bloat by
having a mix of QT4/QT5/kdelibs4/kdelibs5 and nobody knows which
settings are respected where because upstream is not able to define a
common place for configurations and respect them for kdelibs4 and
kdelibs5 the same way

yes that *is* doable, you can just ignore settings you don't understand
in the old applications, but it would require some thinking about how
doing things instead make hard cuts everywhere and all the time