apper exclude packages?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Nov 7 14:55:36 UTC 2015

On 11/07/15 21:11, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 07.11.2015 um 13:53 schrieb Kevin Kofler:
>> Ed Greshko wrote:
>>> I needed to downgrade the xorg-x11* packages on an F23 Vbox based system
>>> so I can get the
>>> drivers to run in full-screen.  I would like to have apper not tell me
>>> that 14 packages
>>> are available for update.  I can exclude them so dnf doesn't touch them.
>>> I could hide Software Updates from the systray so it would be less
>>> annoying and just use dnf...but
>>> would like to be visually notified of updates.  I thought creating a
>>> /etc/yum.conf with an exclude line would do the trick...but no.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Try putting the exclude into the .repo files, those are supposed to be
>> honored by all the tools
>
> on F23 it's pretty sure /etc/dnf/dnf.conf and not yum.conf

I think my run on sentence may have confused folks.  I did put the exclude in the dnf.conf
to silence dnf from trying to upgrade.  It had no effect on apper.  Now I have the exclude
in all the enabled repos and still no joy.  :-(

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from
computers altogether.