apper exclude packages?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Nov 7 23:24:22 UTC 2015

On 11/08/15 07:01, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>

>> On 11/08/15 06:50, Rex Dieter wrote:
>>> I just tested this and it worked for me.  *However*, I did force a
>>> metadata refresh after making the change.
>>>
>>> pkcon refresh force
>>>
>>> try that ^^ ?
>> Yes, I did that after being "schooled" in the "apper after upgrade
>> thread".
> OK, can you post *exactly* what you're trying, so that I can duplicate
> things?

Sure....

dnf --showduplicates --allowerasing --releasever=22 downgrade xorg-x11-server-Xorg

edited all the enabled fedora repos so ...

[root at localhost yum.repos.d]# grep excl *repo
fedora.repo:exclude=xorg-x11*
fedora-updates.repo:exclude=xorg-x11*
fedora-updates-testing.repo:exclude=xorg-x11*

[root at localhost yum.repos.d]# pkcon refresh force

And apper reports 14 packages available for upgrade

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from
computers altogether.