apper exclude packages?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Nov 7 23:31:01 UTC 2015

On 11/08/15 07:28, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:

>>> OK, can you post *exactly* what you're trying, so that I can duplicate
>>> things?
>>>

>> Sure....
>>
>> dnf --showduplicates --allowerasing --releasever=22 downgrade
>> xorg-x11-server-Xorg
>>
>> edited all the enabled fedora repos so ...
>>
>> [root at localhost yum.repos.d]# grep excl *repo
>> fedora.repo:exclude=xorg-x11*
>> fedora-updates.repo:exclude=xorg-x11*
>> fedora-updates-testing.repo:exclude=xorg-x11*
> Where you put the exclude lines in those files is important too, they must
> by in the
> [fedora]
> [fedora-updates]
> [fedora-updates-testing]
> sections respectively (not in -debuginfo or -sources)

Of course...  As I said, the "enabled" repos....

[fedora]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch
failovermethod=priority
exclude=xorg-x11*
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/E
verything/$basearch/os/
metalink=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$
basearch
enabled=1  <------------------These......
metadata_expire=28d
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$releasever-$basearch
skip_if_unavailable=False

[updates]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - Updates
failovermethod=priority
exclude=xorg-x11*
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releasever/$b
asearch/
metalink=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=updates-released-f$releas
ever&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
metadata_expire=6h
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$releasever-$basearch
skip_if_unavailable=False

[updates-testing]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - Test Updates
failovermethod=priority
exclude=xorg-x11*
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/updates/testing/$relea
sever/$basearch/
metalink=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=updates-testing-f$release
ver&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
metadata_expire=6h

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from
computers altogether.