Random freezes under F23

Florian Sievert caleb at phobeus.de
Sun Nov 8 11:30:05 UTC 2015

Hi there,
> I've had a couple of random desktop freezes in F23 under Plasma, both
> of them while using Chrome. I have an Nvidia card with Nouveau.
>
> Anyone else seeing this? How about with the Nvidia drivers?
I am using a downgraded Xorg 1.17 with manually installed prop. NVIDIA
driver. No issue observed so far. I had quite some issues before the
downgrade when attempting to get the Nouveau running as KDE was freezing
the system during the load screen. I assumed some driver issues there.
My best guess would be to switch the Composite a bit... did you try
using OpenGL 2.0 instead of OpenGL 3.2 or Xrender and checking if the
freezes are gone? If prop. driver are an option, give it a try.

Best regards,
Florian