kde5 pager

George Avrunin avrunin at math.umass.edu
Sun Nov 8 19:34:28 UTC 2015

I use an arrangement of 12 virtual desktops for different things I'm
working on, so the pager in the panel is too small to see.  In kde 5, the
plasma pager widget seems to insist on having a right margin that, no
matter how I arrange the desktops (or how many I use) is blank; I can't
set it so that the images of the desktops actually fill the widget.  So
there's desktop real estate that's wasted for this.  That wasn't the case
with the pager in kde 4.  I've encountered this on F22 and now on F23.

I searched (including looking around on kde.org) and I haven't been able to
find anything on this.  Am I missing something, or is there some good
reason for the pager widget insisting on this extra blank space? I didn't
see any bugs filed for this, but I can file one in the Fedora and/or KDE
bugzillas.

(And the controls to change size, do settings, etc., only appear on the
right, even though I'd like to put the pager in the lower right corner
of my screen, but that's another issue.)

  George