Panel autohide delay too long

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 03:21:26 UTC 2015

On 8 November 2015 at 17:58, Orcan Ogetbil  wrote:
> On F-21. KDE 4.14.11.
> The panels with autohide feature enabled take too long to appear when
> I bring my mouse pointer to the edge of the screen. It takes about 1.5
> seconds for the panel to appear.
>
> Is this a feature? Does anyone know a way of configuring this? If
> there is no such configuration, can someone familiar with the KDE
> source tree point me to the code where this delay amount is hardcoded?

I found the source code at
https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=plasma-workspace.git&a=blob&f=shell%2Fpanelview.cpp
It seems that the delay time is hardcoded to 150ms. So why does it
take 1.5-2 seconds for me? Go figure.

I decided to remove my 5 year old panel, and recreate it from scratch.
Now it (un)hides the way it is supposed to.
It was misbehaving probably due to some backward-incompatible
configuration update. I wish this didn't happen on production quality
software.

Cheers,
Orcan