[kde] Plasma 5 as a daily driver?

c. marlow KDELists at cmarlow.info
Tue Nov 10 02:18:44 UTC 2015

On 11/09/2015 01:40 PM, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> All in all, I find myself wondering if other people are really using
> Plasma 5 as a "daily driver" (or is my usage really so different that
> others aren't hitting these bugs).

Honestly I would say NO!

They ( the development staff) took out one feature that is keeping me on
KDE 4.

And that feature was called the multiple wallpapers on different
Virtural Desktops.
Now I didnt use multiple wallpapers, but I would put an Icon on one
desktop because thats the desktop I want that program to run on, and
then put another icon on another virtural desktop because thats where I
want that app to run. They the creators claim its because of " Security
Flaws and risks" my butt!

And when adding icons to the desktop they have this HORRIBLE clear box
around them in KDE 5, when you switch from Container view, to desktop
view and put my icons that I use the most on my desktop.

Christopher M
Running Kubuntu 14.04 and KDE 4.