Dolphin support for Google Drive

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 11 07:50:04 UTC 2015

On pátek 6. listopadu 2015 13:04:24 CET Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> A new feature in F23 is limited support for Google Drive in Nautilus.
> You have to authenticate (once) with Google Online Accounts and then
> can upload or download files by dragging. It's limited in that it's not
> really usable as a mounted filesystem and isn't synced (basically
> because GD still doesn't have an official Linux client), but still.
>
> My question is whether anyone is working on a Dolphin equivalent. I did
> try Nautilus under KDE but it crashed after a while and doesn't seem to
> be very stable at the moment.

Just in case anyone is interested....some ages ago (back in the KDE4 time) I
wrote a KIO Slave for Google Drive [0]. It never got released, but it somewhat
worked as I recall.

I don't have much time to work on it anymore - right now it needs porting to
KF5 (not much work), maybe some minor adjustment to changes in LibKGAPI (which
implements the GDrive API) and the final push to make sure everything works.

If anyone's interested in helping with this, I can arrange this project to be
moved to regular repositories, have reviewboard set up etc. and maybe we can
get this released eventually. I agree that it would be really nice to have
this in KDE (not just Dolphin), unfortunately I just lack the time to do it :(

Cheers,
Dan

[0] https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fdvratil%2Fkio-gdrive.git