Dolphin support for Google Drive

Joseph Pesco jpesco at gmx.com
Thu Nov 12 02:19:22 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-11-10 at 09:58 +0530, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> On Saturday 07 Nov 2015 6:17:34 AM Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> > Yeah, I've heard there is a client being used at Google
> > internally.  Not
> > sure why Google has been dragging their feet on this.
>
> Google has made it abundantly clear that they don't us as a customer.
> I have
> had a hard time understanding why free software folks are so eager to
> use it
> considering there are other good alternatives.
>
> https://owncloud.org/providers/

I'm not the most roadie road warrior on the planet, but I do like
having the ability to walk into a Fedex Office dipping my Visa,
selecting a document from Google Drive for the Xerox machine, and
getting the receipt emailed to my Yahoo account.  Fedex Office also
prints from Dropbox, and several other choices I've not investigated.

I have investigated using a webdav for backups and agree with the
gentleman wanting more than to push a tarball with his latest and
greatest work into the cloud for safe keeping.

All these zillion zillion dollar corporations in the room kind of
freaks me out though.  Like we'll all have to drive the same model
front wheel drive electric car and fly clunker bus in the future.  Then
what happen when they stop talking to each other, as they sometimes do,
and for no good reason, and we can't print our reports, access our
tarballs, or watch our Monday night games?

Joe Pesco

(via Evolution)