plans bring back lancelot menu?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Nov 13 10:07:57 UTC 2015

are there any plans to get lancelot back as alternative to kicker
because after using it for many years kicker is still a huge step
backwards and i would even go so far calling it unuseable

* it's way to small and not resizeable
* it don't remember the submenu previously opened

well, having "remote conntections -> company -> vnc -> machine1/2/3..."
and start 5 VNC session from there - with lancelot you just clicked
again on the menu icon and the section was still open, 2 clicks instead
5 for each action and additionally when you where fast enough you even
managed start 2-3 applications from the same menu before lancelot closed
the first time at all

and no - favorites don't scale at all, especially not when you have a
large screen and the kicker menu don't use the space

well, that sounds more like theory as long lancelot is not available for
Plasma 5 while it should have replaced kicker long ago as default

http://www.linuxveda.com/2014/10/15/kde-plasma-5-1-0-announced/