Plasma 5 as a daily driver?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Nov 13 12:44:38 UTC 2015

Am 13.11.2015 um 13:34 schrieb Oleg Markin:
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 11:00 PM, P. Gueckel <pgueckel at gmail.com
>     I don't mean to discredit your/others' experience(s),
>     but it seems to me that a lot of people are nitpicking
>     about a lot of insignificant stuff. Oops! Did I say
>     that? :-O I guess if it's important to you ;-) but I
>     think we need to keep in mind that it's a work in
>     progress and the required functionality is all there.
>     I've never been a big fan of all the widgets anyway,
>     just a lot of clutter on the desktop and in the system
>     try. I guess for some of you it is important ;-)
>
> Oh, I totally agree, by both my hands. We are just watching  how GUI
> suppresses minds. I find this dangerous.

GUI suppresses minds?
seriously?

a GUI is a *user interface* and when i need my mind after nearly 10
years only using Fedora on my desktop to find out how i have to do my
naturally unchanged workflow after a update it's nothing then a big
regression - you just might not notice that when your usescases are
simple enough

pretty sure i do more things in a terminal windows than 95% of all
users, likely because it does not change it's behavior every now and
then....

and even here we are at GUI regressions:

* before some update in F22 it was not possible at all to
   manually change the tab order of konsole after that
   worked over many years self-evidence

* konsole in KDE when you have many tabs open by stupidty
   cuts on the left side resulting in you have a ton of
   tabs labeled with "bash"