Plasma 5 as a daily driver?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Nov 13 13:59:01 UTC 2015

Am 13.11.2015 um 14:50 schrieb Rex Dieter:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>
>> and even here we are at GUI regressions:
>>
>> * before some update in F22 it was not possible at all to
>>     manually change the tab order of konsole after that
>>     worked over many years self-evidence
>
> FYI, that feature was re-introduced in konsole5-15.08.x

as said "before some update in F22 it was not possible"

but i find it poor not to say shocking that all the time new major
releases lack basic features like this and then developers wondering why
users are not thankful for their work

for me a major upgrade has to bring new capabilities but built on top of
the existing ones - it don't help anybodys workflow when he has 5 new
unasked features with no idea how and why use them and in fact no time
to discover that because the normal workflow is degraded

i have time and energy to discover new features only whne my perviusoly
perfect workflow is untouched and not when i have to spend my time to
find out how to get my normal work done at all or as efficient as before