KDE/Fedora is broken

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Nov 13 15:03:41 UTC 2015

Am 13.11.2015 um 15:55 schrieb Rex Dieter:
> Emilio Recio wrote:
>
>> *begin rant*
>>
>> Sorry to rant again but without thinking I started up Kate (which I use
>> all the time) and it /still/ won't print right.
>> This weekend I am switching.
>
> I wish you well.
>
> But I doubt it will be any better elsewhere, fedora uses stock upstream
> software, which should be the behave the same on any other plasma5-based
> distribution

there are enough distributions still using KDE4, they might have besides
KDE also other components in older versions, but what do you gain with
the newer software if it breaks you daily workflow?

KF5/KDE5 should have not made it into Fedora before F24 in the current
shape as well as KDE4 should not have made it into Fedora before KDE4.6