System is rendered useless after Plasma 5.4.3 update KDEInit couldn't launch

Colin J Thomson colin.thomson at g6avk.co.uk
Sun Nov 15 19:47:10 UTC 2015

On Sunday 15 Nov 2015 10:59:23 Germano Massullo wrote:
> F23: after latest kde* update my desktop computer is not usable at all: I
> get a black screen after the login. Now I am busy but as soon as possible I
> will give a look to the system logs.

Not much help to you, but the updates installed OK and everything works fine
on this x86_64 F23 Desktop box running just a single monitor.
The updates have been installed for a few days now and this is my main machine
here so it gets a lot of use/testing.

Plasma 5.4.3, kf-5 5.16, qt-5.5
Nvidia/Nouveau

> I wonder what happened to the testing process....

Difficult one.. I cherry pick what I can as others do from Koji and leave
karma, the problem I guess is varying types of Hardware that is used and the
limited amount of testers.

Apart from the creeping up of the RAM and sometimes I hit Swap, which sadly no
time to look further into that yet :-( This is the only real issue for me.
Also no more crashes or freezes or loss of Virtual Desktops since the fixes
that went into Kwin a few weeks back.

As I said not much help to you but thought I would share my positive
experience. I am more than pleased with "5" which has come a long way this
year.

And as usual thanks to the OP's who provide these updates and for all there
hard work.

Coin
--
Fedora 23 (Twenty Three)