System is rendered useless after Plasma 5.4.3 update KDEInit couldn't launch

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Mon Nov 16 12:03:19 UTC 2015

On Saturday, November 14, 2015 10:01:42 PM Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated my system to Plasma 5.4.3. After I reboot sddm theme was
> automatically changed. Half of the system tray applets aren't loaded. No
> system app can be launched anymore. It says KDEInit couldn't launch 'app'.

I found a similar situation on F22.  It appeared to be that kmix and
konversation could not use their systray icons. The workaround for me was to
replace kmix with plasma-pa (which works very well), and to disable
konversation from starting at logon.  -A

--
Anthony - https://messinet.com/ - https://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E