F23: Extract here / Video Previews in dolphin

Florian Sievert caleb at phobeus.de
Mon Nov 16 18:10:34 UTC 2015

Hi Rex,
> Speaking of ark... I just noticed ark-15.08.x was ported to kf5, so updating would solve the issue too.
> Any comment/objection to doing a ark-15.08.x update for f23 ?
Negative. The upgrade to ark 15.08 (f24) does not fix the issue as it
just fixed one of the two aspects I was mentioning. The service menus
seems to be added in with the new package in the right place. However,
the "konqpopupmenuplugin" is still missing and thus no menu is shown
after all. If I create the second symbolic link as well, the menu is
there and seems to be functional. So just upgrading to a new version of
ark does not fix the issue completely. It seems like the package
"libkonq" also requires an update.

How this issue is solved (compatiblity links in kf5 or kde4 version)
seems to be not that important. Just that the packages are creating them
as quite some people will be lost as the menu is not appearing. Most
noticable will be likely the "Extract here", but this might be true for
other services as well (even if bluetooth and kconnect seems to be
fine). It would be just important to have the compat links one or the
other way arround for not breaking functionality for one or the other users.

Best regards,
Florian