Adding apps to panel

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Wed Oct 14 06:11:26 UTC 2015

On 10/13/2015 08:05 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>
>> I'm running Fedora-23beta/KDE,
>> and I am unable to add apps to my panel.
>> This used to be possible by right-clicking on the K-button,
>> going to Alternatives, and switching to "A launcher based on cascading
>> ...". But this no longer seems to help.
> There's a better way (imo), run the app in question, then in right click
> it's taskbar entry and choose option "Show a launcher when not running"

I installed VirtualBox via the Oracle repositories.

It creates a menu entry which calls the command "VirtualBox" which is actually /bin/VirtualBox which is a symbolic link to /bin/VBox which is a shell script.

The created launcher however tries to execute /usr/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox but fails with access denied but which can be executed from the command line.

Bug?

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from computers altogether.