KDE5/Konsole and tab-labels

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Oct 19 00:01:56 UTC 2015

Reindl Harald wrote:
> what cool idea to cut the left part when more tabs are open so that you
> see just the domain and the user but no longer the machine name - don't
> get me wrong but what cluttered mind developers appearently have to
> implement such a nonsense

I guess they had one or both of the following use cases in mind:
* ssh to the same machine as different users (a normal user account, root,
  etc.),
* ssh to several machines at different domains with generic (possibly even
  identical) host names, like shell.example.com, shell.example.org etc.

Of course, in your use case, it's totally counterproductive. :-(

        Kevin Kofler