kde4 in F22

Piotr Gbyliczek piotr.gbyliczek at reconnix.com
Wed Oct 21 14:32:20 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 21 October 2015 15:26:55 Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > For those who prefer older workspace, or just see plasma 5 as unstable,
> > which potentially includes me, I've created copr repository to maintain
> > KDE4 for F22.
>
> I'm planing the same but for F23 , many thanks,

Have a look at my repo, it does contain F23 packages as I plan to maintain it
until plasma 5 is not stable or until there is demand. Haven't had time to
test it on Rawhide yet.

> What it takes put kde4 in F23 ?

Rebuild RPMs from modified specs ?

> And why we haven't both kdes (kde 4 and kde 5 ) in same release ? what
> is the problem ?

They virtually same thing, so how would you go on updating it ? kde4 obsoletes
plasma5 and plasma5 obsoletes kde4.... That won't work in same repo...

Regards,
Piotr