blog post on Plasma 5 quality

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Oct 29 12:21:32 UTC 2015

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Eli Wapniarski wrote:
>> Kmail /Kontact has proven itself to be stable snappy reliable bit of
>> highly complex code.
>
> LOL hahahahaha! KMail 2 is anything except stable, snappy and/or reliable.

While I agree with Kevin, I must admit that KMail has become
significantly better under Fedora-23beta.
I haven't had the disabling error message "Retrieving Folder Contents"
for at least a week.

But I still can't create top-level folders (except through Akonadi Console).
Also, I gave up some time ago trying to work out if it is possible
to create small mailing lists.
Can this now be done?

Incidentally, is it (or should it be) a "bit of highly complex code"?
I would have thought a mail client was a fairly standard application,
after all they have been around for over 30 years.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net