Stepping down from KDE SIG

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 30 16:22:15 UTC 2015

Timothy Murphy composed on 2015-10-30 13:50 (UTC):

> Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

>> Btw. I still think Plasma 5 is the best "KDE" version ever (with small
>> glitches). No flame, I enjoy using it.

> As a matter of interest, why do find it better than Plasma 4 ?
> I am running KDE-5 under Fedora-23beta, and it finally seems to me
> to have got over the initial disabling freezes and other bugs,
> and to be quite usable.

> However, I don't see any real difference from Plasma 4,
> certainly nothing worth dying for.

> Incidentally, I felt exactly the same about KDE-4 over KDE-3.

> I must have some visual impairment, since I just don't see
> these wonderful improvements that others praise so highly.

I don't think there are any intentional improvements from user perspective,
only from developer perspective, since the timings from v3->v4 and v4-v5 seem
based purely on QT changing v3->v4 and v4->v5. From where I sit, feature loss
has overpowered feature gain with each major KDE version change, even as
maturing progressed/progresses.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/