Help when upgrading from Fedora 22 to 23

Hernán Ramírez h2222080 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 19:39:13 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> Hernán Ramírez wrote:
>
> > Hi all, i have made a clean install for Fedora 22 and i later updated it
> > to the latest.
> >
> > I later followed the wiki guide: "Upgrading Fedora using yum"(1), i
> > changed
> > the  "yum" with the "dnf" command and tried using the "fedora-upgrade"
> > script.
> >
> > Since it didnt work, i followed the manual way, this was the set of
> > command i followed from the Wiki:
> >
> > # rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-23-$(uname -i)
> > # dnf upgrade
> > # dnf clean all
> >
> > This next command failed with dependencies, the command line asked me to
> > try with "-- allowerasing", but since it meant to remove running kernel,
> > rebooted, used the 4.2 kernel to boot and i wrote then:
> >
> > # dnf --releasever=23 --setopt=deltarpm=false distro-sync --nogpgcheck
> > --allowerasing
> >

> > It worked fine, everything is updated, but just Dolphin doesnt work.
> >
> > When i try to install "dolphin-15.04.3-1.fc23.x86_64", it tell me that
> > nothing provides "libballoowidgets.so.4() 64 bit",
> >
> > The packages "kdegames-minimal-6:4.14.3-2.fc23.noarch" and Konqueror also
> > associates the same error.
>
> Should be fixed by this update submitted today:
> http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-14809
>
> -- Rex

Hi, thanks for your help. After a few days i was able to install Dolphin, i
have tried to install again the "@kde" group, but it generates more missing
dependencies, specially the "kipi-plugins-4.13.0-1.fc24.x86_64", which it
says that requires "hugin-base".

I suppose those broken dependencies are expected for the current
development state of Fedora 22, so i am going to wait a while cause those
dont affect my main activities that much.

Thanks again, lets wait the best for Fedora 23

Hernan