kate: X11 Forwarding on F22

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Sep 12 02:49:30 UTC 2015

Am 12.09.2015 um 00:11 schrieb Orion Poplawski:
> On 09/10/2015 11:46 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> [root at testserver:~]$ kate /etc/fstab
>>
>> hangs there and dos nothing - why?
>
> WFM.  What does strace or gdb have to say?  Is this F22 as the client or
> server or both?

F21 on the client (xserver) and F22 on the machine kate should start on

> I see messages like:
>
> setNativeLocks failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
> setNativeLocks failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
> setNativeLocks failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
> setNativeLocks failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
> libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
> libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
> QDBusConnection: name 'org.kde.kglobalaccel' had owner '' but we thought it
> was ':1.1'
> setNativeLocks failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
> setNativeLocks failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
> setNativeLocks failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
> setNativeLocks failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
> setNativeLocks failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> or just
>
> QDBusConnection: name 'org.kde.kglobalaccel' had owner '' but we thought it
> was ':1.1'
>
> but it works

well, i wil take a look in debugging when spare time comes, but it's
strange that on a machine running for years fine with kate and
X11-forwarding it just stops working with F22 while a ton of network
services (mail, web, database, spamfiltering) just works fine