F22 / KDE5

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 22:56:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-09-15 at 00:19 +0300, Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> On Monday 14 September 2015 20:17:33 Reindl Harald wrote:
> > so, upgraded to F22
> >
> > honestly, before these fools of kde-developers start to think about
> > KDE6
> > they better go out and drinling some beers for 5-1^0 years and no
> > progress at all - if it ain#t broken don't fix it - seriously
> >
> > and before the next time Fedora decides to switch to KDE6 or
> > whatever
> > major release wait until the currently used one is really out of
> > support
> >
> > AND THEN PEOPLE WONDER WHY LINUX DESKTOPS HAVE NO BIG MARKET-SHARE,
> > FRANKLY WITH THE EXPIERIENCE KDE3 -> KDE4 / KDE4_> KDE5 I WOULD BE
> > FOOL TO RECOMMEND TO ANY NON-DEVLOPER SWITCH TO IT
>

> OK...
>
> Now that we have heard more than enough complaints.... How do we
> revert back?
>
> This is a serious question. I have yet to hear anyone compliment KDE5
> in anyway shape or form.

Maybe because people mostly post when they have something to complain
about. Off the top of my head, my only problems with KDE5 are:

1) SDDM doesn't support gnome-keyring, so I have to use KDM
2) Session Restore still doesn't work properly
3) I get Plasma crashes pretty much every time I logout, but not
otherwise, and no freezes (touch wood)

Everything else seems to work for me. I'm using the Nvidia driver, if
it matters.

poc