Systray (was Re: F22 / KDE5)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Sep 15 17:42:21 UTC 2015

Am 15.09.2015 um 19:30 schrieb Emilio Recio:
> Hrm... odd on how you can still "Place in System Tray" checkbox in the
> Advanced Options for creating a link to application... but then I get
> the error:
>
> KDEInit could not launch 'ksystraycmd':
> Could not open library '/usr/lib/libkdeinit5_ksystraycmd'.
> Cannot load library /usr/lib/libkdeinit5_ksystraycmd:
> (/usr/lib/libkdeinit5_ksystraycmd.so: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory)
>
> I don't know if it's a fedora thing or KDE thing...

a KDE thing, ksystraycmd was not ported to KF5 until now while the UI
does nothing else at put it in the .desktop file as result using that
checkbox, the same happens for anything which had the setting already

KF5 is at best pre-beta quality and the Fedora kde SIG honestly should
have realized that *before* throw it to long years users - i still seek
for any user visible improvement and have not found a single one