F22 / KDE5

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Sep 15 20:28:12 UTC 2015

Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 15.09.2015 um 22:13 schrieb Rex Dieter:
>> Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>>> frankly there is one thing the KDE maintainers for Fedora can do:
>>>
>>> * make KDE4 and KDE5 (or in future KDE5 and KDE6) available
>>
>> I've never been shy about offering help and advice to anyone willing to
>> work
>> on that.  I am personally not able or interested in it (I suspect
>> most/all
>> kde-sig/maintainers feel approx the same).  It would be a *lot* of work
>> (since these desktops were not designed to be parallel-installable)
>
> than why not just stay at KDE4 as long it is possible

When depending on the the product of a meritocracy and you're not
contributing to it, then you may not be satisfied with the output.  And
that's fine.  I'm sorry Plasma5 doesn't satisfy you.

*I* strongly feel plasma5 is good enough, and enjoy investing time in making
it better every day. I would not enjoy spending much effort prolonging kde4,
especially if that means losing time making plasma5 better.

-- Rex