F22 / KDE5

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Wed Sep 16 04:49:52 UTC 2015

So Kevin

And with all due respect to the great effort that the KDE Packaging Team puts
into each release, what is going to be done about it?

99% of us agree that KDE 5 is not nice to work with. We are totally dependant
on upstream to include and fix functionality and features and as usual, they do
not seem to be very responsive to user needs. Debates regarding KDE5
degenerate into cursing, name calling and trash talk.

You guys are our frontline of communication and you keep getting hammered. So
again... what is going to be done about this?

Please let us know if you the packagers and us the users are supposed to throw
our hands into the air and surrender and move back to Windows or migrate or
what? I will not use KDE5 the interface sucks worse than gnome, I will not use
gnome cause I hate it.... I hate MS and Windows for other reasons. But at
least, after I hold my nose and deal with the horrible short comings of the OS
the interface is consistent and useable.

Where exactly are we going?

Eli

On Wednesday 16 September 2015 01:14:43 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
> > well, we both know us in person and talked about the fallout of
> > KDE3->KDE4 some years ago - IMHO you realized that i am not a ignorant
> > asshole but have some favour for quality and zero understanding when
> > someone sells me broken software as improvment :-)
>
> Rest assured that I consider all your complaints valid and that I'm also
> extremely unhappy about the fallout (which I blame on upstream KDE and Qt in
> this case).
>
>         Kevin Kofler

believed to be clean.