Systray (was Re: F22 / KDE5)

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 16 20:01:02 UTC 2015

Piotr Gbyliczek composed on 2015-09-16 16:21 (UTC+0100):

> Luigi Toscano wrote:

>> For the record, I got confirmation from OpenSUSE packagers that they do
>> *not* offer Plasma 4.x as an alternative.

That is in part because both cannot coexist on the same installation. OTOH,
KDE3 can coexist and is still available. And in Fedora, TDE can also coexist
with v5.

> Just to make it complete, I did a bit more research. OpenSUSE latest stable
> release uses Plasma 4. However, it was released in November 2014, so it is not
> as recent as Fedora 22.

There's also the Tumbleweed rolling release, which switched to v5 last spring.

> Next release, Leap 42, will use Plasma 5. There is no release date known yet.

First week in November is the plan.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/