F22 / KDE5

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Sep 17 00:21:01 UTC 2015

Am 16.09.2015 um 18:34 schrieb Dan Mossor:
> I like Plasma5, even with all of it's bugs and idiosyncrasies. I
> recommend it to every person I speak with regarding Fedora over GNOME -
> while it has some usability issues, it is still head and shoulders above
> the Workstation edition of Fedora.
>
> With that said, however, if you want to stay on a tested and reliable
> version, then you are using the wrong operating system. CentOS 7.1 still
> ships with KDE4. It is within the Fedora/RH ecosystem and based on
> Fedora 19 - if your workflow was established with KDE4 in 19 or 20, then
> you should feel right at home on CentOS 7.1

which means nohting else than Fedora get unusable again and again (the
last time with Fedora 9) and CentOS 7 is nice for now, but not in 5
years when we talk about a desktop machine

Fedora just needs balance between recent software and unusable while
CentOS/RHEL is just not the answer to fill that gap