KDE 5: VMware Workstation unuseable

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Sep 17 00:31:53 UTC 2015

Am 17.09.2015 um 02:28 schrieb Sérgio Basto:
> On Qui, 2015-09-17 at 02:17 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> Yikes.  Please to post if you find a fix for that
>>
>> a workaround is just disable 3D graphics for the VM's
>
> Ah, I almost forgot add this information, same _still_ happens with
> VirtualBox , we can't enable 3D graphics on Fedora 22 KDE vms . But
> seriously, I think we will consider KDE 5.0 one beta version and we will
> try to fix it in KDE 5.4 i.e. Fedora 23

luckily virtual machines in my case are mostly Fedora setups running
headleass for build and test server software as well as some Windows
VM's just for test own web-development in MS browsers

the disable 3D is just for start a VM from the shell with the -nogui
option while otherwise it hangs for no real reason

if i would rely on 3D support for VM's, well, i would run in circles now
and burn down half of the world :-)