F22 / KDE5

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Sep 17 11:59:33 UTC 2015

Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 17.09.2015 um 13:46 schrieb Rex Dieter:
>> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>>
>>> Haven't you had any problems with input being disabled
>>> for shorter or longer periods?
>>> Someone said they had found a cure for the problem,
>>> but had forgotten what it was.
>>
>> that's a bit vague... or is that the only/best description you have for
>> this
>> problem?  Can you provide any more details?
>>
>> input disabled means what exactly?  Keyboard and mouse don't work *at
>> all*? Can you use krunner (ALT-F2) or which VT's (e.g. CNTL-ALT-F5)?
>
> horrible lags where sometimes the whole UI freezes, sometimes "just" the
> control bar while you can move windows which are not behind others
>
> sometimes that's short, if you deal with a lot of files in konqueror you
> can easily make a cigarette break, just move 50-300 files from a sftp
> server do a local konqueror tab or in the other direction
>
> it hangs even when konqueror already shows the files in the target

I've never seen or experienced that problem.

For the latter specific case, does it help any to (re)configure the
notification widget to not show "file transfers and jobs"?

(if not, and since konqueror is a kde4 application, I can't think of any
connection between it and how plasma is responding)

--Rex