Changing icon theme requires a power cycle??

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Fri Sep 18 23:44:45 UTC 2015

This is on a fully updated F22 system.

Used System Settings to change the icon theme from Breeze to Oxygen.  After doing so, the icons on the desktop did not change.  So, I did a logout/login.  When KDE started the apper icon in the systray popped up this warning:

Authorization Failed:  You have failed to provide correct authentication.  Please check any passwords or account settings.

I could not figure what was wrong, so I decided to reboot.  However, it seems impossible to reboot.

[root at f22k ~]# systemctl reboot
Failed to start reboot.target: Access denied

I had to power cycle the system and then all was "OK".  Not sure what component to write the BZ against.  Any idea?

--
It seems most people that say they are "done talking about it" never really are until given the last word.