Firefox as default browser in F23?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Sep 26 17:08:18 UTC 2015

Christian Dersch wrote:
> I've just installed the F23 KDE Beta. Looks nice so far, but I
> recognized that Firefox is the default browser now. Personally, I think
> at least a better Qt integration for Firefox is required. Otherwise
> Firefox doesn't fit well into KDE, especially when using dark themes.

+1

> But: Why Firefox as default? Other browsers as rekonq or the previous
> default Konqueror fit very well into KDE. A user who wants to use
> Firefox can install it via Apper easily...

And +1 to that too.

Can we PLEASE stop that failed experiment and revert Fedora 23 to a browser
that works properly in and WITH KDE Plasma? We have a few days left before
Final Freeze to get that done.

Especially the untested post-feature-freeze changes to defaults in the kde-
settings package must be reverted ASAP.

        Kevin Kofler