F23ß Issues

P. Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 22:16:07 UTC 2015

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> As a matter of interest, is it pretty certain
> that a beta OS can be updated to the final OS when that
comes out?

I cannot locate the document I was looking at a couple of
days ago, but there is some information here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_23_Beta_Release_Criteria

A ß is intended for release to the "general public" and not
just for developers and 'nerdy' testers and it is supposed to
be "100% code complete."

I have never had problems with ßs in the past. I kept doing
the updates and one day the updates-testing repos were
automatically disabled and voilá, the ß was now the final
release.

Installing ßs has allowed me to upgrade at my own convenience
in advance of the big rush on release day when the final
release comes out. What few minor glitches there might be are
quickly resolved, as there is heavy development and a steady
stream of daily updates.

Not only that, but I can contribute with bugzilla reports, as
necessary, to help make the release flawless, while using the
system, instead of downloading and installing countless
testing releases that invariably fail to install and waste my
time and bandwidth (how many times have I done that, only to
kick myself in the butt while thinking that I had sworn never
again to do that?).