Crashes Returned

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Sun Sep 27 20:40:45 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-23 05:51, Emilio Recio wrote:
> No, it is just like it was before. (regression) as soon as I login and
> start a program (e.g.: firefox) or open the K-Menu the entire desktop
> will freeze and only the cursor will move.
>
> -e
>

> On 09/22/15 16:36, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Emilio Recio wrote:
>>
>>> So I have to use LXQt Desktop env because the freezing returned with the
>>> latest update of Fedora 22:
>>
>> If you're seeing freezes, you can test a xorg-x11-server patch available
>> from copr,
>> https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/rdieter/libxcb/
>>
>> and see if that helps any.
>>
>> You didn't mention the circumstances for your freezes, but that copr
>> workaround addresses one possible issue when plasma5 receives notifications
>> when your screen is turned off.
>>
>> -- Rex

I see this exact situation.  I found that the crash reporter seems to
take over the screen.  If I go into a tty session and kill it, the
desktop works.

Been to busy to do more about it and try tracing the problem.

--
Free, full feature astronomy program at
     http://www.stellarium.org

Free Office Suite at