Firefox as default browser in F23?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sun Sep 27 22:11:01 UTC 2015

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Since the decision has been made, is there anything new or has anything
>> changed to warrant revisiting this again?
>
> Negative user feedback. See this thread, it was also a topic on IRC.

The decision was made based primarily on technical reasons, it wasn't a
popularity contest.

What new technical concerns have been raised?

(I haven't seen any)

> And also what I pointed out in the last meeting: Total lack of GTK+
> integration in F23, since we didn't even get breeze-gtk packaged in time.

That's no different than when the initial decision was made, ie, it was not
predicated on the hope that breeze-gtk would be ready or used.

-- Rex