Re: F23ß Issues

Dan Mossor danofsatx at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 15:42:43 UTC 2015

On 09/25/2015 08:02 PM, P.  Gueckel wrote:
> 1. When logging out, the screen goes blank and the display
> manager never appears (gdm); I cannot get to another virtual
> termimal, so I have to 'pull the plug' and boot anew :-(

<snip>

> I really like KDE5 at Fedora23! [And I was forced to use Gnome
> while I was installing and doing the group install of KDE
> Workspaces and I've decided that it's pretty slick, too---but
> now that I'm back on KDE, I think I'll stay ;-)]

Many of your issues may be caused by the unorthodox installation path.
GDM isn't well integrated into Plasma (IMHO), and sddm is the default.

I'm saddened that you couldn't find the KDE installation media. This is
a complaint that needs to be elevated. The image you should have used to
install is at:
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/23_Beta/Live/x86_64/Fedora-Live-KDE-x86_64-23_Beta-1.iso

--
Dan Mossor, RHCSA