Cursor movement logs me out

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Sep 29 16:32:02 UTC 2015

Ian Malone wrote:

> On 29 September 2015 at 11:25, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
>> I wonder if anyone else experiences this?
>> Sometimes when I move the cursor with the pointer on my ThinkPad T510
>> I am apparently logged out, and have to re-enter my password.
>>
>> I should say I'm running Fedora 22 with KDE-4.14.11.
>>

> That sounds more like screen locking. I've seen something similar
> (delayed locking, session appears active, but locks when there's
> activity) on Gnome2 + RHEL4, but not run into it in KDE yet.

Thanks for your response, that sounds very plausible.

I feel it may have something to do with disabling the touchpad.
There used to be a straightforward Disable/Enable Touchpad setting,
but now it seems to have been "improved" so you have to say when
you want it disabled, eg disable during typing.

But the sole cause of this screen-locking, in my case,
is movement of the cursor - possibly faster movement than normal.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net