w32api-3.13

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Dec 15 22:45:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 11:29:49PM +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >> I'll see if I can do an update now.
> >
> > Build here:
> >
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1000750
> >
> > BTW, I'm only updating Rawhide, except in case of: (1) security, (2)
> > native Fedora package in an older branch is updated, or (3) someone
>
> imho it's a special case since w32api has no native fedora packages.
>
> > files a BZ requesting a branch be updated.  Probably in the case of
> > (3) they'll have to do the work too, and in no case do we want to get
> > unnecessarily out of step with the corresponding native branch.
>
> does this means none of the filesystem,

mingw32-filesystem is a bit of a special case: So far we've tried to
keep the 3 versions identical.  Probably we should allow them to
diverge, but at the moment I'm not aware of any changes that need to
be made to this package, so it's moot.

> w32api, runtime will be updated
> in any branch even if mingw update these packages?

Rawhide is for rapid updates.  I'm not stopping you or anyone else
from backporting these updates to EL-5 and F-10, but IMHO it
multiplies the work more than three-fold, with no particular gain.

But for packages which have corresponding Fedora native versions, we
really need to keep them in step.  Hopefully we can get Dan's
comparison tools working soon to automate this, and get notifications
on this list.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v